Copy of Veterinary Scribe/Room Tech
Veterinary Scribe/Room Tech
Under the direct supervision of the Practice Manager, the veterinary scribe and room techs work together to provide technical and administrative support for the veterinarian during appointments. This includes interviewing and educating clients while obtaining a complete medical history, animal handling, restraint, medical assessments, and updating the electronic medical record. It is also the scribe/ room techs duty to ensure that they answer all the clients’ questions prior to them leaving, they have a clear understanding of the Veterinarian’s recommendations and that clients expectations are exceeded at every visit.
- Have knowledge of general medical terminology
- Ability to assist the veterinarian with patients in exam rooms.
- Ability to obtain weight, temperature, vital signs
- Ability to start and maintain medical records while in appointment with client, patient and veterinarian.
- Ability to discuss treatment plans for patients with clients for surgery or hospitalization.
- Ability to educate clients about blood work, vaccinations, medications, basic obedience, and housetraining.
- Possess knowledge about intestinal parasites and medication dosing.
- Ability to educate clients about general surgeries, importance of dental care including regular dental cleanings, oral surgery and microchipping.
- Ability to make appointments for clients in computer system.
- Ability to obtain urine, fecal, and ear debris samples.
- Ability to educate clients about the contents of the puppy/kitten kits.
- Ability to review lab results for veterinarians and call clients
- Provide education and support to veterinarians as needed.
- Perform cross coverage in other departments as needed.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain and relay information with all those contacted throughout the course of the work day.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Diplomatic social skills to maintain the highest level of cooperation to team members in other areas of the hospital.
- Motivated to the highest level of customer satisfaction
Ability to lift 35 lbs. without assistance
Ability to open/close various types of containers with or without tools.
Ability to use step ladder and stool.
Ability to reach above your head with arms stretched holding product.
Ability to bend down or squat or use stairs to basement.
Ability to walk various types of terrain around the facility.
Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
Submit Resume by Email:
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send Resume by Mail:
Animal Hospital Inc.
Mary LeMay, HR/Inventory Assistant
2735 SOM Center Rd.
Willoughby Hills, OH 44094
Send Resume by Fax:
Attn: Mary LeMay