Under the direct supervision of the Practice Manager, the Groomer is responsible for providing their client’s pet with proper bathing and grooming. The Groomer must be professional and courteous with the ability to build rapport with clients and their pets. The Groomer must ensure to tend to each grooming guest with the upmost care, reporting any notable concerns to owners and documenting in the guest record. The Groomer must provide community outreach to attract new clients and their pets and promote a positive grooming team environment.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED
* 1-year grooming experience and certification from accredited grooming school
* Proficient understanding of breed specific cuts and styles
* Ability to work with all dog breeds, sizes, temperaments
* Willingness to learn feline grooming techniques
* Willing to sign agreement that includes future non-complete clause.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain and relay information with all those contacted throughout the course of the work day.
* Ability to multi-task
* Excellent documentation skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* Diplomatic social skills to maintain the highest level of cooperation team members in other areas of the hospital.
* Motivated to the highest level of customer satisfaction
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Provide compassionate care to pets
* Conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner when addressing clients or while in client areas
* Direct bathers in a positive and productive manner
* Observe pets for signs of fear, anxiety, stress or general discomfort and make necessary adjustments to handling
* Recognize signs of a potential illness and alert medical level staff in a timely manner
* Prioritize work to ensure completion of grooming appointment within expected timeframe
* Bathe pets thoroughly in a gentle and timely manner.
* Perform anal gland expressions, toe nail trims, and ear cleanings
* Dry patient per hospital protocol ensuring to not overheat the guest
* Enter grooming report card and invoicing information into Impromed software
* Ensure to maintain orderly and sanitary work station throughout day
* Follow Animal Hospital policies and procedure as outlined by handbook
* Maintain accurate and appropriate pricing
* Promote positive team environment
* Style patients per client request
* Promote Animal Hospital Grooming facility to attract new clients and their pets
* Provide clippers and other necessary tools
* Ability to lift 35lbs. without assistance
* Ability to handle dogs up to 150 pounds (with assistance)
* Ability to walk, bend, stand for 8 hours
* Ability to open/close various types of containers with or without tools
* Ability to use a step ladder or stool
* Ability to reach above your head with arms stretched holding product
* Ability to bend down or squat or use stairs to basement
* Ability to walk the various types of terrain around the facility
Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
Submit Resume by Email:
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send Resume by Mail:
Animal Hospital Inc.
Mary LeMay, HR/Inventory Assistant
2735 SOM Center Rd.
Willoughby Hills, OH 44094
Send Resume by Fax:
Attn: Mary LeMay