All of us enjoy petting our dogs; it is a communication of our affections. What most people don't realize is that it is a form of massage. Massage is a time honored method of reducing stress and tension.
Massage therapy is a series of non-invasive techniques used as the primary form of "hands-on-healing" throughout the world. It is recognized by the American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP), the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), and the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association (AHVMA) in their guidelines on alternative therapies.
Animal Hospital, Inc is proud to have Kitten Stapel, a Certified Canine Massage Therapist, on staff. She is available to set up consults and individual appointments for pet massage therapy by calling our Boarding/ Grooming desk.
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY:
- Increases blood & lymph circulation
- Strengthens by stimulating muscles
- Helps restore flexibility
- Improves general well-being
- Physically relaxes the body
- Reduces mental stress and anxiety & calms the nervous system
- Promotes a feeling of well-being & improved concentration
- Restores proper mobility & flexibility
- Brings strength to weakened muscles
- Stretching of connective tissues improves flexibility, range of motion of the joints, & improves posture
- Creates balance - through massage, muscles can be reprogrammed creating a more "proper" balance to achieve greater flexibility and motion
- Disperses pain in tensed muscles - may be used to release endorphins, speed recovery of injury or illness, & reduces swelling & scarring
- Aids behavior problems - tight or painful muscles can elicit unwanted behavior
Please call (440) 946-2802 for more information!
If you would like to schedule a massage therapy session for your dog, please call us or fill out the form below: