Full-time Pet Care Representative
Under the direct supervision of the Practice Manager, the pet care representatives are responsible for working together to provide each guest in our luxury boarding facility and day spa with nurturing and loving care. They must hold the highest regard for maintaining a safe and clean environment. They have a significant role in communicating with clients about their pets and services related to the practice.
It is also the pet care representatives duty to ensure that they answer all the clients’ questions prior to them checking out and that we exceeded their expectations every visit.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Working towards a High school diploma or equivalent.
Handling and enjoying a variety of small animals
Working independently and within a team
Customer service experience
Computer knowledge including keyboarding.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to describe and communicate information with all those contacted throughout the course of the work day.
Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
Ability to handle stress, while multi-tasking and maintaining professional conduct.
Well-mannered social skills to conform to our team based, professional atmosphere.
Motivated to the highest level of pet care and customer satisfaction.
Flexible in work scheduling as the needs of the facility are ever changing.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Work requires ability to lift up to 35 lbs. without assistance; Ability to use a step ladder or stool, open a variety of containers; reach above head with arms stretched out holding product; ability to bend down or squat or use of stairs to between levels; ability to walk various types of terrain around the facility.
Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
- Engage in conversation with the owner to assure pleasant stay, providing personal tidbit or characteristic from the pets stay or personality.
- Answer client questions about services available at the practice.
- Conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner with clients.
Treat each client’s pet as if they are the only patient you are concerned for at that time. .
- Ability to explain the time and value into each of our services.
- Clean suites, runs and condo’s three times daily
- Provide clean condo’s and litter boxes a minimum of once daily
- Feed guests as directed.
- Follow special feeding/cleaning/care procedures as needed.
- Record and report important information about the guest conditions.
- Conduct introductory evaluation on pets to obtain baseline of condition at check in.
- Escort incoming animals to appropriate areas and arrange for their accommodations.
- Provide compassionate care to guests every day.
- Prepare guests for check out including baths, brushing and gathering of personal items.
- Provide a la carte services such as playtimes, nature walks, cuddling time.
- Collect urine and fecal specimens as requested.
- Assist doctors, technicians, groomers and animal aides with restraint.
- Maintain laundry to ensure an adequate supply of clean linens and towels.
- Maintain entire lower level, parking lots and lawn areas.
- Wash dishes and maintain multi-purpose room
- Perform general cleaning as needed throughout the hospital.
Submit Resume by Email:
Email your resume to email@example.com
Send Resume by Mail:
Animal Hospital Inc.
Renee McCuistion, Executive Assistant
2735 SOM Center Rd.
Willoughby Hills, OH 44094
Send Resume by Fax: