Full-time Pet Care Representative
REPORTS TO: Co-Team Leaders
Pet care representatives are responsible for the proper care of guests in our luxury boarding facility and sometimes hospitalized patients. This includes feeding, bathing, record keeping and the cleanliness of cages, runs and ward areas.
Minimum age requirement is 16 years old.
High school degree or in the process of attaining.
Animal care background is desirable, but not required.
- Genuinely enjoys working with animals and is able to deal with them even when they are stressed, ill or in pain.
- Can work unaffected in an environment where dogs are barking.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays to be considered for an animal care attendant position.
Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying animals and food bags (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting animals over 35 lbs). Walks or stands for extended periods or time; frequently works in a bent position.
Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
- Provides compassionate care to our guests and patients.
- Can conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner even when stressed and/or focused on individual tasks.
- Welcomes animals guests upon arrival, is responsible for their proper identification and for recording their respective accommodations and location.
- Discharges animals to their owners; ensures that every animal is clean and properly groomed prior to their departure.
- Has the ability to communicate with owners and make them feel comfortable with leaving their pet(s) in our care.
- Can follow a regular schedule for cleaning and sanitizing all suites, runs condos and wards; changes litter boxes and food/water bowls.
- Can feed each animal as requested by their owners and records appetites.
- Understands the importance of prioritizing tasks and keeps oneself busy and productive during work shifts.
- Can maintain laundry for the boarding, grooming and hospital.
- Maintains the grounds of the property including waste disposal, light maintenance of landscape upkeep and general building maintenance.
- Can give baths and brush out patients.
- Can collect urine and fecal specimens.
- Can give facility tours while highlighting features that differentiate us from other luxury boarding facilities and hospitals in our area.
- Can recognize and report any unusual condition or abnormal behavior.
- Can assist doctors and technicians with the administration of medications or with patient restraint.
- Cleans equipment and facilities using chemicals and supplies; understands the importance of safety of use of chemicals in our facility.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the facility each day.
- Understands and carries out the daily, weekly and monthly chore list to maintain the hospital cleanliness, the equipment, and overall appearance of the hospital.
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions.
- Maintains positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Submit Resume by Email:
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send Resume by Mail:
Animal Hospital Inc.
Renee McCuistion, Executive Assistant
2735 SOM Center Rd.
Willoughby Hills, OH 44094
Send Resume by Fax: