Under the direct supervision of the Practice Manager, the dental assistant provides essential administrative, patient care, and customer service support to aid the surgeon and dental technicians throughout the surgical day. They will anticipate the needs of the surgeon and dental technicians, assist with dental work flow, maintain accurate, detailed patient medical records and give personalized detailed updates to clients post procedure. The dental assistant will also ensure that they’ve answered all clients’ questions prior to them leaving, that they have a clear understanding of the Veterinarian’s go home instructions and that clients expectations are exceeded at every visit.
Identify, obtain weight, place name badge for patients
Restrain patients for therapies
monitor anesthetized patients
perform client education regarding estimates, updates, post-operative care
assist with logs and records corresponding to necessary activities and equipment
take, develop and record radiographs
perform preparation of dental patient and suite
fill prescriptions and prepare medications as prescribed by veterinarian
enter services provided in medical records and/or the computer
maintain logs for dental cleanings and oral surgery
prepare and send out outside lab tests
clean and sterilize instruments
maintain lab and surgical supplies and equipment, including cold trays, oxygen and anesthesia machines
perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain and relay information with all those contacted throughout the course of the work day.
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Diplomatic social skills to maintain the highest level of cooperation with team members in all areas of the hospital
- Motivated to the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to lift 35lbs. without assistance
- Ability to open/close various types of containers with or without tools
- Ability to use a step ladder or stool
- Ability to reach above your head with arms stretched holding product
- Ability to bend down or squat or use stairs to basement
- Ability to walk the various types of terrain around the facility
Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
Submit Resume by Email:
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send Resume by Mail:
Animal Hospital Inc.
Renee McCuistion, Executive Assistant
2735 SOM Center Rd.
Willoughby Hills, OH 44094
Send Resume by Fax: